The Republic of Cyprus lies in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea, with Turkey to the north, Lebanon and Syria to the east and Egypt to the south. It’s location between Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa has helped it become a major hub for trade and business. The country’s 1.2 million inhabitants are served by four international airports and the main languages are Greek, Turkish and English. Cyprus is highly regarded around the world and is a member of the EU, British Commonwealth, Council of Europe, Organisation internationale de la Francophonie, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, United Nations and World Trade Organization. The local currency is the euro (€).
The Cypriot citizenship-by-investment programme is undeniably costly. However, you get what you pay for – the Cypriot second citizenship programme is the fastest route into Europe, by a considerable amount. It offers a streamlined process you might not expect from the European programmes, plus lifestyle benefits the Caribbean can’t offer. FAST ACCESS TO EUROPE: Obtain your permanent second citizenship and passport in only 6 months with the fast track process. Your permanent residency card is issued within 6 to 8 weeks with no residency requirements in Cyprus and dual nationality allowed. FREEDOM TO TRAVEL: As well as allowing visa free travel to 158 countries including Australia and Canada, Cypriot citizens are European Union Citizens. This means that passport holders have the right to live and work anywhere within the 28 countries in the European Union. BUSINESS BENEFITS: Cypriot passport holders benefit from an attractive tax regime: No foreign income tax, no inheritance tax, no withholding tax on interest earned and among the lowest resident taxation rates in Europe. SECURITY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY: Your citizenship extends to your spouse and dependent children below the age of 28 – and you can even apply for citizenship for elderly parents above the age of 65.
- The fastest European second citizenship option available – full EU citizenship and passport can be obtained in three months.
- Successful applicants will be granted permanent lifetime citizenship, which may not be revoked and is protected from changes in government policy or officials.
- A European passport helps safeguard against unexpected personal, political or economic difficulties in the home country.
- Option to invest in a fixed term deposit.
- Visa-free travel throughout the EU.
- Visa-free or visa on arrival to approximately 157 Countries.
- No residency requirements.
- No language requirements.
- Low tax rates and free trade within the EU.
- Well-developed education, healthcare, business and tourism infrastructure.
To invest in Cyprus, you must first own a Cypriot residence in which you have invested at least EUR 500,000. Next is an investment of an additional EUR 1.5m into real estate, or an additional EUR 2m into business or Cypriot financial assets. A fixed term deposit in a Cypriot bank also counts, as does a deposit into a privately-owned company if you’re the beneficiary owner. Your investment can include up to EUR 500,000 of special government bonds, so long as you hold them for three years.